Focus and Scope
The Iberoamerican Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business is a double-blind reviewed and scholarly Journal dedicated to publishing in English, Portuguese and Spanish original and outstanding studies that improve knowledge and understanding of entrepreneurship and small business management and, eventually, shape these fields of research.
Studies published might be theoretical pieces, qualitative and quantitative empirical work, and/or case studies. Given that the objective of the Journal is to push the boundaries of current entrepreneurial and small business management thoughts, case studies to be published in IJESB must have a theoretical perspective.
The onus of proving the theoretical contribution of the case lies on the author who, to this end, can introduce the case with a short text of 250-500 words. The theoretical contribution can be related to the fact that the case challenges the existing theory or highlights it better.
Consequently, cases and teaching notes that are written just for a didactic purpose as an illustration of a theory in classroom will not fit to being published in the journal .
Studies published in the IJESB can be from and based on Brazil or other countries of the world. They can cover topics related to matters such as:
1. Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurship behavior
2. Sustainable, cultural, social and gender-based entrepreneurship
3. Innovation, technology and risk capital
4. Public policies, entrepreneurship and social networks
5.Education and research in entrepreneurship
7.Internationalization of small businesses
8. Small business strategy and strategy
9. Business networks, productive arrangements and local development
10.Financing and promotion for small businesses
11. Franchises, consulting and other emerging types of SMEs